Sunday, April 11, 2010

We were very busy this weekend!

I wish I had more to show for it! For my own records though, I'm just going to make a little list of everything we were able to check off our to-do list this weekend!

INSIDE
-cut and hung trim around doorways (downstairs bath, playroom, dining room, kids' bedrooms)
-caulked trim..filled in nail holes with wood putty..then sanded
-painted trim around doorways (downstairs bath, playroom)
-installed base boards in laundry room
-cut Juliet's closet doors down to the right size
-cut board for media center storage
-painted board for media center storage
-organized (for now) media center components
-cut boards for shelves in playroom
-painted boards for shelves
-hung the shelves

OUTSIDE
-built a raised garden bed
-purchased and mixed up soil components for organic vegetable garden
-sowed some seeds inside for later transplant into garden
-dug out grass and tilled the soil around avocado tree
-fertilized the avocado tree
-started the very ongoing process of organizing the garage (including clearing off the back porch, which was home to all of our tools and supplies!)

So that I don't leave without a single picture, here's a quick shot of the raised bed and all of the soil components, prior to our mixing them up. I've never gardened before, but I'm so excited to get started!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds like you got a ton of stuff done. And I'm very impressed with your ambitious gardening project! Can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete