Friday, March 12, 2010

a very blue bathroom

I can't wait until I can post pictures of actual FINISHED rooms. Considering we're moving in next week, you'd think that would be now..but it's not. So, here's what we have for the kid's bath. I can't wait to see it come together!

I've been VERY safe about picking paint colors. I've gone mostly neutral (with a very dark neutral in the living room we have yet to put and see) except for the kid's bedrooms. And even in their rooms, I put up several samples to get the right blue and pink. But, when I brought the towels and shower curtain in to Benjamin Moore to get Kathleen's advice on a paint color, she chose this crazy blue and I decided to just go for it! I didn't even get a sample. I'm still not sure it was the right choice. (And chris has said that the whole hallway glows blue.) But, it's fun and bright and cheery and I'm glad we're giving it a shot!!

So...here's the paint. (Following Kathleen's advice, it's even on the ceiling)




And here is the IKEA sideboard that Chris has mostly assembled and put 3 coats of polyurethane on.


This will be turned into a vanity with this sink and this faucet.


Here are the bathroom "accessories".



And choices that were just made today...lighting. We needed one for the ceiling and one for above the mirror. (mirror choice hasn't been made yet..I think we're cutting the one that up and will be framing it)

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the blue and accessories!!! If there is any place you CAN go crazy it's a bathroom! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I swore I commented on this post the other day! Weird - anyway, I really like the color! If it's glowing too much, just close the door! =) And how funny that I actually bought that same set of towels? Loved them so much, but ended up returning b/c they didn't work where we wanted them. Glad I'll still get to see them at your house!

    And I really like the sink and fixtures - they're going to look so great with the vanity!

    ReplyDelete