Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Exciting Updates...we're getting closer!!

Yesterday, the carpet was installed!!! And, on Monday and Tuesday, there were cleaners there ridding the house of all the construction dust and dirt. The kids and I dropped Chris off over there this morning so he could work all day and I snapped these pictures. It looks like a real house. One we could actually LIVE in. And we will be...very soon. We're probably making the move on Friday, but maybe Saturday.

As for the carpet, this was my first time picking it out and I'd probably do it a little differently next time. I love the styles I went with. The style that is on the stairs is a loop- looks like berber, but it's not. In our room, we went with a frieze. Right now, I'm feeling like the loop is a little too dark. It's definitely darker than what I had pictured in my head, based on that little 2x6" square sample!

The stairs: (still working on painting the ballisters and risers)


Aidric's Room:



Juliet's Room (still needs a chair rail)



Master Bedroom:


Oh, and we got a new roof!!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! It's really looking like a HOME now! =) I think the carpet looks great! Especially on the stairs - I really like the darker with the dark wood.

    Aidric's room looks awesome!!

    And I keep forgetting that you have a fireplace in your bedroom - jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool stuff!! Love Aidric's room! Can't wait to see MORE!! :)

    ReplyDelete